- Create a new Project in JDeveloper
- Create a new Library in the JDeveloper project that contains the lib/je-3.2.44.jar file from the Berkeley DB distribution.
- Save the Project.
- Create a new folder in the file system under the newly created JDeveloper project named: src/collections/hello
- In the file system, copy the file examples/collections/hello/HelloDatabaseWorld.java from the Berkeley DB distribution and put it into the src/collections/hello folder.
- In JDeveloper, refresh the project. The copied file should now appear in the JDeveloper project under Application Sources.
- Create a new directory under your project directory called tmp. This is were the database will reside. If you want to place the database somewhere else, change the line in the HelloDatabaseWorld.java that says:
String dir = "./tmp";
- Run the project inside JDeveloper, the result should be similar to:
If you want to read more about Oracle Berkeley DB Java Edition, please refer to this URL: